Create Account
Login Help

CPE Search

Site Search

Page Tools

Text Size: A A A A

CPA License Mobility 

A majority of states, including Michigan, have adopted mobility legislation – which is a practice privilege that generally permits a licensed CPA in good standing from a substantially equivalent state to practice outside of his or her principal place of business without obtaining another license.

The American Institute of CPAs and the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy launched a simple tool on CPAmobility.org to help you determine quickly and easily if you can practice in another state without obtaining a reciprocal license. For additional information on mobility and state licensing Issues visit this AICPA website and review this mobility map for state-by-state progress.

View this CPA License Mobility video.      


We continue to monitor and provide updates as mobility provisions are adopted in other states. For more information or questions, contact the MICPA Government Relations Department at (248) 267-3700 or legislation@micpa.org

Contact Us

5480 Corporate Dr.,
Suite 200
Troy, MI 48098-2642 (map)

Follow Us